All believing people offer prayers to the Lord. But some complain that their requests do not reach him. It is a sin to think that the Lord does not hear you. It's just that people do not always understand how to pray to God to help. To mumble to himself a few words is clearly not enough.
How to pray to God in the temple?
Priests, answering the question of how to pray to God to help, are advised to do it in the church. There is a special atmosphere, which has a frank conversation with the Lord. It is permissible to pray in your own words, but it is better to learn at least one passage from the prayer book. Learning the canonical prayer is a sign that you really accept and follow the teachings of Christ. But do not cram the text mindlessly, without understanding its meaning. You need to feel it, then to pray sincerely.
It is worth bearing in mind that before entering the church, you should cross and bow three times. Once inside, light the candle and put it in front of the icon, and also provide a note for prayer about the health of the living and the remembrance of the departed. This is not necessary, but it is desirable.
Leaving the church after the completion of the prayer, it is necessary to stop, turn to the entrance of the person and again cross himself and bow three times. So you express your gratitude for the divine grace received. And the Lord will notice and hear you.
How should we pray to God at home?
If there is no possibility to visit the temple, then it is possible to ascend to Heavenly Father at home. How to properly pray to God in this case:
- It is worthwhile to have at home one small icon and pray in front of it;
- pray in a hotel room, ask the household members not to disturb you, so that nothing distracts from communicating with the Lord;
- you can close your eyes, but it is better to look at the face on the icon or on the lit church candle - this will help to concentrate and be imbued with the words of prayer;
- to start reading the prayer you need to calm down beforehand, you can drink before that a little holy water or sprinkle it with your brow;
- words addressed to the Lord should also go from the heart, do not just repeat the learned text.
What time is it better to pray to God?
At home it is better to read prayers before sunrise - until 4-6 am. In the evening it is better to have time to do this until 10 o'clock, although you can pray at night, the church canons do not prohibit it. In the temple, to be heard, you can pray at any time.