In Montenegro, a large selection of resorts. Warm sea, bright sun, extraordinary beauty landscapes, goodwill of local people, delicious and varied cuisine - all this attracts a large number of holidaymakers. Montenegro (the second name of the country) is one of the popular destinations for residents of the former Soviet Union, so in the summer, Russian speech can be heard in almost all resort towns.
If you are used to saving on expenses, but not on quality of rest, then Sutomore is a great option. A small resort town, located between Petrovac and Bar, is famous for its beaches and the possibility of a quiet family holiday.
The main attractions of the town are:
- Church of St. Thekla, built in the XII century;
- Hei-Nehai Fortress (translated as "Afraid - do not be afraid"), founded by Turkish nationals;
- ruins of the monastery of St. Mary, They survived to the present day from the 11th century and are located not far from the city.
In the vicinity of the resort there are also many interesting places where excursion tours are organized from Sutomore in Montenegro. For example, Skadar Lake or Lovcen National Park.
The beaches of Sutomore are considered to be among the best in the country. From the winds they are protected by cypress and pine forests, their total length is more than 2.5 km. Coverage depends on the place: somewhere it is a large pebble, but there is sand, which is considered curative and helps to get rid of rheumatic pains.
The infrastructure here is very well developed: it is always possible to rent umbrellas and sunbeds, and leisure activities can be diversified with water activities, which are numerous in Sutomore in Montenegro. The most popular among tourists enjoy diving, riding on catamarans, bananas, parachutism and fishing.
Catering and accommodation
Since this locality in Montenegro is focused on tourism, there will be no problems with the choice of hotels, apartments and villas in Sutomore, and it is better to book accommodation in advance. Very popular are the following accommodation options:
- Korali is a 2-star hotel in Sutomore, a budget accommodation option in Montenegro. Rooms in hotel 313, all the necessary conditions for a comfortable stay are available: proximity of the beach, bar, restaurant, gym, free parking and Wi-Fi;
- Villa Jadranka Sutomore (Villa Jadranka Sutomore) consists of 18 apartments, a kitchen, free parking, an outdoor pool and much more;
- Hotel Porto Sole is one of the best hotels in the city. For the convenience of the guests there are: a spa, bar, restaurant, fitness center, swimming pool, etc. In addition, the hotel organizes transfers about Tivat airport to Sutomore, the distance is about 55 km;
- Zlata Obala (Zlatna Obala) is a hotel complex on the outskirts of Sutomore.
With a choice of cafes and restaurants in the city there will be no problems: only on the coastline there are more than 50. So you will have to decide only with your preferences, and the supply and preparation is everywhere at a very good level. And in order not to get lost in the city, it is better to get a map of Sutomore Montenegro, on which all important objects are marked.
Public transport in Sutomore
By city and to the beaches it is most convenient to travel by bus or taxi. If you have the right and the necessary driving experience, then you can rent a car.
The resort can be reached in several ways:
- by bus from Budva to Sutomore, the distance between the cities is about 30 km;
- by rail. The resort is connected by rail to Belgrade;
- by plane. In Sutomore airport is not available, but it is in Tivat, from which it will be possible as on an intercity bus, taxi or a rented car.
Tourists planning a holiday in Montenegro, often do not know which city to choose: Sutomore or Becici. There is something in common between these quiet places, but it is believed that the best photos of the coast in Montenegro are obtained only in Sutomore. Rest here, as well as other resorts of the country, it is better to come to the beach season, which begins here in May and ends in September.