The island of Madagascar is undoubtedly an interesting place to visit. But if you are bored with its vast expanses, seasoned travelers recommend to go to Nosy-Be (Nosy-Be) - an island located 8 km from the main one.
Island of Nosy-Be on the map
In the northwest, not far from Madagascar is the "Big Island", as the local population calls it in the Malagasy dialect. Its capital is the city of Anduani, or Elvl. It has a hot tropical climate and the sun always shines. Only occasionally, for no apparent reason, do black clouds and pouring rain. After a downpour, everything dries up literally in an hour, and you can go to the beach again.
The island of Nosy-Be in Madagascar is a fallen asleep volcano. It appeared not so long ago in the middle of the already formed island and since then has not shown activity. So do not worry about your safety, because now there is a tourist paradise. Sailing by the sea here, travelers feel near the island the smell of coffee and ylang-ylang, which are cultivated due to fertile soil.
Attractions and attractions
Most of our compatriots perceive the outlandish island of Madagascar and everything associated with it, like a pristine nature park with entertainment in the form of a safari. In part, this is true, but besides this there is more to do. On the island, especially in the evening, boils a turbulent life with bright lights of night clubs, chic restaurants and five-star hotels. Let's find out what Nusi-Be Island offers near Madagascar:
- The main reason tourists go to the island is an amazing beach holiday on snow-white sand. The best beach is located in the northern part of the island. It is called Andilana Beach. In general, the beaches here are the cleanest in the world.
- In the capital of the island there is a very colorful local market, on which one should certainly look.
- If you want to see the cute fluffy lemurs from the cartoon about Madagascar, then you are lucky - they live here in huge quantities. After a few kilometers from the capital, you can discover the Lukobé Reserve. In addition to lemurs, tropical birds, turtles, chameleons and even snakes huddle in dense greenery.
- One who has always dreamed of trying himself in deep water diving, can realize your dream here. At a depth of 18 m in the Nusi-Tanikeli marine park, octopuses, lobsters, clownfish, parrotfish and other representatives of the exotic water world live. You can also try yourself in fishing.
- The best place to watch dancing your wedding dance whales Is Nosy-Be in Madagascar.
Many restaurants on the island provide a unique service - high-quality dishes prepared by a famous chef, are available for use right on the beach. Romantic nature is clearly like that. In addition to these restaurants, there are also traditional restaurants here:
- Chez Nono - La Rhum Riz. In this family restaurant you can taste simple dishes of European cuisine. Visitors who have visited here, strongly recommend to evaluate hamburgers and ice cream - they are above all praise.
- Chez Teresa is an excellent choice if you want to taste high-quality seafood. There are pompous celebrations and quiet romantic dinners.
- Nandipo. Here, in addition to delicious pizza, made according to the traditional Italian recipe, you can enjoy pleasant music and appreciate the quality of wi-fi.
- Beach Bar Restaurant. The name speaks for itself. A fine restaurant on the beach for a little money will offer an excellent kebab on the grill, seafood and inexpensive cocktails.
- ZEBURGER is a simple cafe where you can have a delicious burger on the go and drink a glass of juice.
Hotels of the island
Despite the fact that the resort industry of Madagascar is relatively young, it is developing rapidly. Clear evidence of this - first-class hotels:
- Royal Beach Hotel. This hotel is cozy and clean. There is a private beach, which sometimes has to be shared with the local population, but here the price includes lunch and dinner.
- Clair De Lune. The hotel in a colorful indigenous style has an excellent range of services, and the staff is always friendly and helpful.
- Orangea Village - is a spacious air-conditioned rooms, always clean bottled water and a chic view from the balcony to the boundless ocean.
- Le Belvedere. In this hotel, named in French manners, everything corresponds to the name - courteous and friendly service, cozy rooms and a delicious breakfast on the terrace.
- Vanila hotel Spa. Then you are always expected with a smile, as the most expensive guests. For breakfast, a large selection of dishes, and in the evening - entertainment and music.
Shopping on Nosy Be
The most visited resort of Madagascar has everything that can please visiting shoppers. Near each hotel on the island of Nosy-Be in Madagascar, there are many boutiques and souvenir shops, where you can buy what the soul wants. However, do not forget about such a trifle, as a certificate for export across the border, without which relatives will have to leave gifts to the customs.
How to get to Nusi-Be in Madagascar?
Since Nusi-Be has its own airport, getting on the island will not be a problem. The flight is provided by Air Madagascar. Departure from Antananarivo will cost about $ 150. If vacationers want to save a little and at the same time enjoy the road to the island, you can use a boat, the cost of the trip is $ 10. He sails from the port of Ankifi.
In addition, there is a yacht rental service on Nosy Be. Taking such a hire, you can visit all the large and small islands of Madagascar, each of which is unique in its own way. On the island itself is better to move on a rented car or on foot.