Misunderstanding in the relationship is the reason for the lack of communication. People believe that they have already thoroughly explained the essence, but in fact the interlocutor did not understand them or misunderstood them. Studies conducted by psychologists show that most people attribute great expressiveness to their speech, although in fact, this is not reality.
What is misunderstanding?
By understanding is meant the object of knowledge and the way of human existence. Psychologically, any person needs to be understood by other people, and he himself has a need to understand the acts of other people, natural phenomena, political relations and many other aspects. Misunderstanding and misunderstanding is a universal problem, both in the public sphere and in personal life.
Why is there a misunderstanding?
The categoricity of many people, the lack of desire to accept or to hear another point of view leads to conflict situations. Misunderstanding is the way to enmity, and the reason for its emergence is a passionate desire to win in any dispute or impose its own right on others. Misunderstanding between people is vividly described in the literature and the examples given there show that overcrowding in pride leads only to a narrowing of the horizon.
Misunderstanding in relations
All people are different and this statement is as old as the world. The problem of misunderstanding between people can arise not only because there is no desire to understand, let alone accept someone else's point of view, but also because all people have different values, culture, and a system of perception. People with different perception systems with great difficulty can understand each other. Wanting to explain something, a person should speak a language that is accessible and understandable for him.
- Vizualy - most of the information is perceived with the help of vision, they describe their emotions using the terms of the visual system. In dealing with them, their attention is easier to attract by what they can see and appreciate first hand.
- Audials - receive the bulk of information through the auditory canal. Explaining their point of view to such people, it is worth remembering that for such people the intonation and loudness of speech is important and they will never perceive the one who screams or uses insulting words.
- Kinesthetics - perceive the world around them and information through sensations. They will better understand another person if he uses words and phrases describing something at the level of sensations. Words: feeling, feeling, etc. necessarily attract the attention of a person of this type.
- Discrets - only through logical thinking and comprehension by them can the world be perceived. Prove them something, if possible, only with the help of a logical approach and an ideally built chain of inferences.
We all perceive information in different ways, depending on the type, which psychologists singulate four. This largely determines what kind of relationship will develop between people of different types.
Misunderstanding of parents and children
The problem of fathers and children has always existed. If you ignore the fact of the difference in generations, then misunderstandings of parents and children arise for a number of the same reasons, in the emergence of which often the parent is guilty, and not the child. A number of conflicts can be successfully avoided if an adult stops fighting and adheres to his position. Each family is individual, but the misunderstanding in the family that has arisen between the parent and the child is often the same.
- school performance and behavior;
- non-observance of order in the room;
- childish lies that suddenly pop up;
- noise (the child loudly listens to music, the TV or simply makes noise);
- disrespectful attitude towards elders;
- the demand for gifts, the unfulfilled "I want" cause for insult to the child;
- improper, according to the parents, the company, bad friends;
- an unpleasant appearance or an incomprehensible fashion for parents;
- bad care for your pet.
Misunderstanding between a man and a woman
Problems in the relationship, due to the fact that there is some or all lack of mutual understanding, is for each pair. Those who have learned to find the golden mean and sit at the negotiating table live happily together until old age. Solving any conflict with the "two winners" is a wise decision, which will be good for each of the partners. Misunderstanding between a man and a woman is expressed in five main problems.
- the difference in the psychology of men and women;
- non-fulfillment of marital duties;
- misunderstanding of the purpose of the relationship;
- lack of work on yourself.
How to remove misunderstanding in the relationship?
Any quarrel arising out of misunderstanding is based on illusions. Someone read indifference in the partner, and someone decided that they did not want to hear his point of view, someone did not express it in the description of the problem, or incorrectly described it, and so on. To avoid misunderstandings, it is recommended:
- Implement an informed approach in dealing with others.
- It's clear to let others know what you want from them.
- Formulate their expressions very clearly.
- It is worth remembering that no one can read minds.