Throughout the growing period, the baby accompanies such a concept as a crisis, and he also happens in children of 5 years, so the advice of a psychologist on his painless overcoming will be very helpful. Let's find out how to recognize it and how to help your child.
Signs of the crisis of 5 years in children
Do not think that marking the birthday, you can expect an explosion of emotions. There is no clear timetable for the development of events. Age crises can begin in children and at 5 and 6 years - it all depends on the development. They last also unpredictably - someone has a month, someone stretches for a year. The task of parents is to soften their manifestation in their child.
As a rule, both boys and girls have a 5-year crisis in a similar scenario, although it is at this age that children clearly understand the difference between the sexes. Take a closer look at your child and, perhaps, you will be able to see the following:
- Psychology in the child during the crisis for 5 years has undergone drastic changes. That's why a kind and affectionate kid suddenly becomes angry, rude, sometimes cruel to his loved ones. In public, this is not the case, but in a family relationship can get worse.
- The child suddenly becomes very secretive. If yesterday he was still talking with rapture about how his day passed in the kindergarten, today he flatly refuses to tell the story and does not go into contact.
- Suddenly, the kid wants to walk by himself, choose his own things, he himself goes along the street, and not by the hand with his mother. These are signals of the crisis that has begun.
- Hysteria can happen without a visible reason anywhere. The child can scream, stamp his feet in a crowded place, demanding himself without knowing what.
- Fears come to a new level, if they existed, or arise from nowhere. The child can begin to be afraid of communication with strangers, does not want to go to the playground or does not part with his mother for a minute.
How to help the baby?
The help of parents in any crisis is kindness and understanding. Adults should know that all this is temporary and should be patient. The child should explain his behavior, because at this age he can already evaluate his actions. In critical situations, the help of a child psychologist will be very useful. Here's what should be done in the most common situations at this age:
- Give the child more freedom, allow him to perform any adult duties so that he can feel his importance.
- One should not be irreconcilable and categorical - you need to give your son or daughter an opportunity to compromise, so that they do not feel that they are trying to infringe their interests.
- the child aggressively behaves in the family and with peers, it is necessary to regularly conduct soul-saving talks about the fact that this is absolutely unacceptable in modern society, and to prompt ways to get out of the current situation. Attract him to the side of good - read together fairy tales, discuss cartoons with positive and negative heroes, direct his aggression to a peaceful channel - write down on the section of judo or wrestling. At the same time, it is impossible to punish a child physically, thereby refuting his own truths.
- Do not criticize the child, especially in the presence of a third person. On the contrary, we need to do everything necessary to ensure that he feels protection and support in his parents.