Many children happily craft handicrafts. But it is necessary to offer them a choice of different versions of products, differing in subject, technique and material. Then the guys will not get tired of doing creativity, and the process itself will contribute to development. Products can be made from improvised materials, for example, in almost every house there are pieces of foam plastic, and from it will turn out excellent handicrafts. They can decorate the dwelling or become a participant in an exhibition or contest in a children's institution. It is necessary to understand some of the features of working with the material, to consider the ideas of possible products. Knowing such nuances, the creative process will be easier and more interesting.
Features of work with polystyrene foam
Special work with the material will not cause. In a course can go pieces of packing from home appliances, packing container from products, plates.
To cut the material, at hand you need to have a sharp kitchen knife or clerical knife, a hand saw. Also, the question may arise, how to glue the foam plastic to the foam in hand-made articles. With this task, glue PVA, which is practically in every house, will do well.
Still need to understand the issue, than to paint the foam for crafts. So, the contour of the image can be applied to the surface of the material with the help of a simple simple pencil, pen, marker. The product can be painted with water-based or acrylic paints, gouache. But it is important to remember that in the latter case, when cleaning, you can not wipe the toy with a damp cloth.
If the toy is made with a preschooler, then in the process of work, you can not leave the baby himself. Small balls of polystyrene can get into the throat or nose and cause an attack of suffocation.
Also it is necessary to watch, that children are not cut with a knife. This applies to adolescents who can work as cutting objects themselves. Parents should explain the safety rules to the child, this will help to avoid injuries.
What craft can be made of foam plastic?
Now we need to consider which product variants can be made from this material:
- Applications. This idea is suitable for children of any age who like this technique of work. Especially relevant for young children. To accomplish the task it is necessary to crush the foam on the balls and fill the outline of the picture with them. You can combine the material with felt, colored paper.
- Snow-covered branches. This idea is perfect for preschoolers, since with their implementation they can cope on their own, you may need only a small help from your mother. It is only necessary to lubricate the branches of the PVA trees and cover them with foam plastic balls. You can decorate the craft on your own. The product will be a wonderful New Year decor.
- Figures. On the contour, you can cut out any figures from the foam. Then you can give the child to color them on their own. A good idea is to make letters from polystyrene foam.
- Polyfoam is an excellent material for New Year's scenery.
- Snowflakes. Before the New Year holidays, children's institutions often hold thematic exhibitions. Those who are looking for ideas of original handicrafts with their own hands for the garden, you can make snowflakes from foam. You can make toys from cardboard strips and fill them with prepared polystyrene balls. You can also cut out the decoration by template. In stores you can find ready-made blanks for these toys. Therefore, if there is no possibility or the desire to do the preparation yourself, then it is possible to purchase the finished one.
- Heart for Valentine's Day. Teenagers can independently cope with the manufacture of such an attribute of the holiday of all lovers. From polystyrene it is necessary to cut out the heart and decorate it with pieces of corrugated paper.
- Boats. Such a toy will be interesting for boys. In addition, it will swim perfectly, because it can be used for games. First, you need to cut out the details of the ship, then fasten them with glue, bamboo skewers, skewers. Then the child can decorate the toy the way he wants.
- Houses. Such crafts made of foam plastic with their own hands for children look impressive, they can play or decorate the room. The details of the toy must be carefully cut and securely fastened.