Otinum - antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, anesthetic drug for the treatment of ear diseases. Ear drops otinum are released without a doctor's prescription. But consult a specialist, before use, yet follows. Since this drug has a number of contraindications.
- hypersensitivity to the components of the drug;
- presence of bronchial asthma, acute rhinitis (due to the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs);
- when violation of the integrity of the tympanic membrane;
- an allergic rhinitis;
- polyps of the mucosa in the nasal passages;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- children's age to one year.
The otinum: composition:
The active substance is choline salicylate.
Excipients - purified water, glycerin, alcohol ethanol, chlorobutanol, hemihydrate.
The otinum: the application
It is prescribed for ear infections, children older than one year and adults. Indications for use:
- Otitis (acute, medium, external).
- Accumulation of sulfuric plugs.
- For posttraumatic otitis, or after removal of foreign bodies from the auricle.
When otitis, otinum is widely used, since otitis is accompanied by a sharp pain in the ears. Has an anesthetic effect, therefore can completely or partially stop the pain.
Effectively dissolves the sulfur plugs formed in the ear canals. After instillation and stay in one position, it is necessary to turn the sick ear downwards, for the outflow of soggy sulfur.
The otinum: side effects:
- allergic reactions;
- may result in hearing damage due to prolonged use or because of violation of the integrity of the tympanic membrane.
Dosage of the drug:
Children, after a year and adults - 3-4 drops in a sore ear. You need to lie down and turn your head on your side, with your ear up, warm the bottle in your hands, after digging in, lie down for a few minutes in the same position.
Otinum: shelf life
Drops must be stored out of the reach of children, at a temperature not exceeding 24 degrees. Shelf life - three years.
Is it possible to otinum children?
In medical practice, the use of this drug for the treatment of children not younger than one year is permitted. The course of treatment lasts no more than ten days. Children's dosage is the same as in adults - up to four drops in each ear. Use two, three times a day. In case of allergic reactions, immediately stop treatment with this medication and consult a pediatrician and an ENT.