Aquarium in the house is not only an opportunity to be closer to nature, but also a way to escape from the pressing problems. In turn, such an artificial reservoir and its inhabitants require a lot of attention. One of the issues that is top among aquarists is the frequent turbidity of the water in the tank. There are several reasons why water quickly becomes turbid in the aquarium:
- frequency of water change;
- natural biological processes in water;
- overpopulated reservoir;
- putrefactive bacteria.
To find the answer to the question of why the water in the aquarium becomes turbid and green, it is recommended to carefully analyze the composition of food for fish. Give up completely dry food. Inhabitants of the aquatic world badly eat dry particles, which provokes the appearance of putrefactive bacteria. The remnants of the feast can clog the water, stay for a long time at the bottom, cause turbidity of the water.
Solving the problem is quite easy, it is important to follow several basic rules:
- Dry food, if given, then only in small portions.
- Snails help to cope with the remnants of food. Therefore, if there is a problem, it is worth considering the acquisition of these representatives of the water world.
- Enter the live food in the diet. For example, a bloodworm can be given in the amount of 3-4 worms per fish.
- Give preference to the coretre - a transparent larva that can live in the aquarium for a long time without clogging it.
Alternatives will be daphnia or cyclops, living in puddles.
Density of planting fish
Overcrowding of the reservoir is also one of the most common reasons why water in an aquarium with fish becomes turbid. Since the products of the vital activity of a large number of individuals become an ideal medium for the nucleation and reproduction of putrefactive bacteria.
Tips for maintaining optimal conditions:
- In a 3-liter tank, the number of individuals should not exceed 3 pieces. The average size of fish for such an aquarium is not more than 5 cm.
- Provide a sufficient number of plants in the aquarium.
- Sometimes turbidity is eliminated on their own. In this case, its cause is the fish digging in the sand.
Self-cleaning of the tank
If products of vital activity or waste cause turbidity, you can observe self-cleaning of water. The process is quite understandable. When there is an excessive amount of food or other particles in the water, other microorganisms are taken for work. As a result of their activity, ammonia decomposes into less toxic nitrates, nitrites. In the future, these toxins pass into the state of gas and volatilize from the liquid. Thus, natural water purification takes place. If the chain is broken, you get absolutely the opposite result.
Constant biological processes
In the home artificial pond, as in the natural pond, the processes of the birth of certain microorganisms, the death of others, go on continuously. Remains of food, waste products are the main answer to the question of transparency and purity of water.
Advice of experienced aquarists
If you had to look for a solution to the problem, why the water in the aquarium is dull and what to do, you should listen to the recommendations of experienced aquarists.
- Do not change the water completely. With a complete replacement of the liquid, the water will cloud even faster due to a disruption in the vital activity of bacteria and other inhabitants, the multiplication of unicellular organisms.
- Minimize the amount of food. Sometimes it will not be superfluous and completely stop feeding for 2-3 days. Harm for the fish will not be any.
- In time, remove the remains of dry food and rotting algae.
- Thoroughly and gently wash all the decorative elements, pebbles, algae.
- Watch for the quality of water treatment. The filter should be systematically cleaned. And also it is recommended to purchase an additional apparatus for cleaning.