The trench for the inflatable boat looks like a rigid plate and is designed to mount the outboard motor.
Characteristics of a transom for an inflatable boat
In order to function normally, the trawl must meet the following characteristics:
- its width should be equal to the width of the vessel or be slightly smaller;
- ability to withstand significant loads, namely, from the motor used;
- technical compatibility with the construction of a boat of a certain model;
- the optimum height (as a rule, 381 mm), due to which it is possible to increase the speed of the boat.
Suspended transom for inflatable boat
In the case of buying a small inflatable boat, which is driven by oars, its owner may wish to install a motor. Solve this problem will help a removable trench for an inflatable boat.
The hinged trench is constructed from such parts:
- frame, for the production of which an aluminum or steel profile is used;
- transom board, made of laminated moisture-proof plywood. Dimensions of the board, which is included in the design of the transom, as a rule, vary from 280х280 mm to 300х300 mm.
Features of using a hinged transom
For the application of the hinged transom, a number of requirements have been established, which include:
- limitation of engine power up to 3.5 horsepower and weight up to 15 kg;
- the need to ensure that the boat is always well pumped. If you do not comply with this condition, then the motor leg will go under the boat.
Universal transom for inflatable boats
The universal transom is pasted into the aft part of the boat when it is glued together. As a rule, it is produced from bakelite plywood, resistant to moisture. The height of the transom can not be adjusted and a motor model is selected for it.
It is recommended to pay attention to the installation angle of the transom, which should be 4-6 degrees. This is necessary for normal immersion of the foot of the outboard boat motor in water.
Trunnion for inflatable boat "Kolibri"
The trench for the inflatable boat "Kolibri" is installed on the stern of the boats of the K250-K290 models.
To use it, trunks are necessary attachments, as well as a large handle "Kolibri" on the stern of the boat. After acquiring the transom, attach the fasteners and fasten them to the boat.
Thus, the trench is an important element for any inflatable boat.