Delicate young leaves of sorrel (it is called in the south kvass) appear on sale in early spring. And, if you regularly include this plant in the diet, for the summer you can stock up vitamin C. However, you want to keep the vitamins to the maximum extent, so it's best to prepare a cold soup from sorrel. Something this dish looks like okroshka, but the principle of cooking is somewhat different, and a pleasant sour taste will help to cope with the heat. Tell you how to prepare a cold from sorrel.
To collect the most uncomplicated delicious cold of sorrel, it will take quite a bit of time and affordable, inexpensive products.
- chicken egg - 4-5 pieces;
- cucumber cucumbers not large - 4 pcs .;
- sorrel is young - 200 g;
- chicken or beef broth low-fat - 2 liters;
- feathers of onion green (green parts) - 1 small bunch;
- dill, parsley, basil, mint - 2-3 sprigs each;
- home-made sour cream (or store at least 25% fat content) - 1 glass.
Boil hard-boiled eggs, put them in cold water for a quarter of an hour, remove the shell. We trim and cut into large cubes or small coarse squirrels of protein, put it into the bowl. Yolk three on a grater, mixed with sour cream and bring the dressing to homogeneity. To the sliced squirrel we send peeled and similarly sliced cucumbers, well washed and finely chopped greens. Everything is mixed - this is the filling of our cold meat. Sorrel mine and cut with thin long ribbons, lowered into boiling broth and after a minute we turn off the fire. Let's cool down. In the soup cups or deep plates lay out the filling, add the dressing and fill it with oxalic decoction. The cold from sorrel is ready, the recipe, as you can see, is very simple and inexpensive.
Cold with kefir
The acidic taste of sorrel perfectly combines with the taste of fermented milk products, for example, sour cream, yogurt or kefir. Quite an attractive option for a light dinner is a cold-soup from sorrel on kefir.
- low-fat (1%) kefir - 1 l;
- red radish, small - 1 small bundle;
- boiled chicken breast - 200 g;
- broth in which the breast was cooked - 2 cups;
- fresh cucumbers - 3 pcs .;
- egg chicken large - 4 pcs .;
- sorrel - 2 large bundles;
- salt - 1 teaspoon;
- any greens - to taste.
Radish and cucumbers should be carefully washed and cut the skin, as young vegetables and root vegetables often accumulate non-nutrients in the skin. Cut into cubes and transfer to a bowl. There we put shredded meat and finely chopped greens. Cooked eggs are cleaned, cut the protein and add to the bowl, and rub the yolk with salt. Heat the broth and dip it into the cut sorrel for 3 minutes (do not forget to rinse it well). When our broth cools, pour kefir into it, add the yolk. Fill the sliced products and let the chill infiltrate for about half an hour. Served with croutons or garlic breadcrumbs.
The most traditional is the cold-soup from sorrel and beets, the recipe is classic, uncomplicated and also very affordable.
- boiled beet oblong medium - 2 pcs .;
- chicken egg 1 grade - 4-6 pcs .;
- ground cucumbers without pimples - 4 pcs .;
- broth of meat strong - 1 l;
- sour cream not less than 25% fat content - 150 g;
- sorrel - 2 large handfuls;
- any greens (dill, basil, mint, parsley, coriander, onion) - to taste.
Beets, hard-boiled eggs and cucumbers are cut into cubes of the same size, mixed with finely chopped herbs, sour cream. We scald the sorrel with boiling broth and cool it. Mix and serve.
To prepare the Belarusian cold meat from sorrel, add boiled potatoes - 1 tuber per person. As you can see, it's easy to make a cold from beet and sorrel. Be sure to please yourself with a useful and tasty dish.