In the modern world, among a huge variety of food products, people are increasingly turning their attention to turnips. In ancient times, this root was used to treat a huge number of diseases and problems.
Useful properties of turnip
- This root vegetable is included in the menu of dietary, children's and therapeutic nutrition.
- Turnip is recommended for diabetics, since this vegetable has the ability to normalize blood sugar levels.
- Root crop refers to the most effective means for normalization of the intestine, since turnip improves organ peristalsis and improves the secretion of gastric juice, which in turn helps the food to be better absorbed.
- Repu is recommended for people with polyneuritis, gout, as well as problems with joints and salt deposits.
- In folk medicine root juice is used as an expectorant and diuretic. This drink also has a laxative and soothing effect.
- A substance that has an anticancer action is part of this root.
- Turnip acts as a diuretic and wound healing agent, and it also has an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effect.
Useful properties of black turnips
There are several varieties of turnips, among them black root is especially prominent, since it is considered the most useful option. It contains a huge amount of vitamins and minerals. Given this, black turnips:
- It improves the metabolism in the body, which in turn helps to lose weight.
- Strengthens the immune system and is a natural antibiotic.
- Favorably affects the digestion and helps eliminate toxins and excess fluid from the body.
- This root causes the dissolution of slag in the gallbladder, as well as salts in the vessels.
- Prevents the spread of harmful bacteria and fungi.
- It is an excellent prevention of atherosclerosis.
- Used for cosmetic purposes to strengthen hair.
Useful properties of green turnips
In therapeutic properties, the green root crop is second only to black radish. If you include a green turnip in your diet you can see significant improvements:
- Vitamin B1 favorably affects the endocrine and nervous system.
- This root is useful for people with digestive problems.
- Green radish contributes to the normalization of cholesterol in the blood, which in turn is an excellent prevention of atherosclerosis.
- Taking into account the potassium content, root crops normalize the pressure and favorably affect the activity of the cardiovascular system.
Turnip for weight loss
If you want to get rid of extra pounds, then try to replace the potato in your diet with a turnip. In addition, it is worth to give up high-calorie foods, for example, cakes and fast food. Still on the basis of root crops, you can prepare a low-calorie salad made from light vegetables, greens and olive oil. Specific diets based on turnip does not exist, but if you want to lose weight simply include this product in your diet.
Select and store
To get all the useful substances it is very important to choose the right root. It is best to use a small young turnip. In this case, it is worth paying attention to the peel, it should not be any damage. The youngest and most useful turnip has a sweet and almost uncritical taste. It is best to choose a root crop with the tops to once again make sure that the turnip is fresh. The plant should be green, tender and without any signs of wilting. Keep the root vegetables in a cool place so that they do not get sunlight. If you put a turnip in the refrigerator, then the period increases to 2 weeks.