Snoring is more than an unpleasant phenomenon. Due to the fact that men snore more often, many believe that women do not have this problem at all. Surely you already had to be convinced of the fallacy of this opinion. There are certain reasons for the appearance of snoring in both women and men. Moreover, some women can easily give odds to the representatives of the stronger sex and easily "snub" them.
Why do women develop snoring?
To begin with, it's worth keeping in mind that snoring is not just an annoying sound. In some cases, it can be a manifestation of quite serious problems. Moreover, snoring can even become a reason for stopping breathing in a dream. Therefore, it can not be ignored.
The causes of snoring in women and men are mostly the same. They look like this:
- The most common reason is sleep in an uncomfortable position. Those who sleep on their backs snore more often. It is caused by relaxation of the muscles of the larynx, because of what the nasopharynx narrows. In such cases, turning over on his side or on his stomach, a person stops snoring.
- Causing snoring in women can be overweight. Gross ladies suffer from the fact that a large number of soft tissues make breathing difficult. And the heavier the woman, the more loudly she snorts.
- Sometimes snoring occurs because of ENT diseases or viruses that affect the nasopharynx.
- Another reason for the appearance of snoring in women is a genetic disease that leads to a decrease in the tone of the muscles of the nasopharynx.
- In some cases, snoring occurs due to individual physiological characteristics: curvature of the nasal septum, unusual structure of the tongue and soft palate.
- Alcohol also causes snoring in women's sleep. A person in a state of intoxication relaxes all muscles, including in the throat.
Among other things, snoring occurs against the backdrop of problems such as:
- swelling of the tonsils;
- malignant tumors in the nasopharynx;
- lack of sleep;
- problems in the thyroid gland;
How to cope with a strong snoring in women?
First you need to decide on the cause of snoring. After this, all the forces must be thrown at its elimination. Simply put, full of people to overcome snoring, you need to bring yourself in shape and get rid of extra pounds. Those who snore because of alcohol abuse, it is better to give up this bad habit.
If the cause of snoring is in physiological features, then most likely, surgery is required.