Thermal shock happens when the body is overheated, and heat regulation is violated in it. This happens under the influence of too high ambient temperatures. To eliminate signs and symptoms of heat stroke in adults, it is necessary to provide competent and prompt first aid. And how to do this, knowing will not hurt everyone.
Why do heat strokes occur in adults?
There are two main forms of the disease. At one of them, overheating occurs as a result of excessive physical exertion. Mostly young people and those who work hard in enclosed, stuffy premises are exposed to it. The second form is called classical and occurs because of the high air temperature. From it more often others suffer from old people and children.
The following factors contribute to the manifestation of symptoms and the beginning of treatment of heat stroke in adults:
- dehydration of the body;
- binge eating;
- drinking alcohol on the heat;
- high humidity of air;
How does the heat stroke affect an adult?
As practice shows, getting a heat stroke is much easier than sunlight. Although the latter many people are more cautious. Almost always patients with impaired thermoregulation complain of weakness, intense thirst, a feeling of stuffiness.
Before you still need to treat heat stroke in an adult, you may also experience the following symptoms:
- tachycardia (the pulse sometimes rises to 130 strokes);
- high body temperature;
- loss of consciousness;
- dilated pupils;
- cold sweat;
- rapid breathing;
- spasm and muscle pain;
- darkening in the eyes;
- visual hallucinations.
If the victim for a long time no one comes to the rescue, he may begin seizures, involuntary urination or defecation, cyanosis, gastrointestinal bleeding, delirium.
What to do with a thermal shock in an adult?
The main purpose of first aid with a thermal shock is to cool the body to at least 39 degrees:
- Immediately after the onset of the attack, the patient should be moved away from the source of heat - somewhere in the tent, under the fan or air conditioner.
- The victim must be put on his back. Thus the head and legs should be raised. If vomiting begins, be sure to ensure that the vomit has not closed the airways.
- When treating heat stroke in adults it is strongly recommended to take off your clothes. First of all, the one that squeezes the neck or chest.
- For quick cooling, wrap the patient's body with a wet sheet. If the canvas is not at hand, it will be necessary to spray the skin with cool water.
- When the patient comes to his senses - if he has lost consciousness - he needs to give a lot of sweetened cool water, tea, juice of compote. It's great if someone has a tincture of valerian. The medicine normalizes the activity of the cardiovascular system and will help to recover sooner.
- For a while the cold compress will put on his head.
It's okay if the heat does not pass. After a heat stroke in an adult, the temperature can last for several days. This is a normal phenomenon and it will pass by itself. Antipyretic drugs in violation of heat regulation is not appropriate - they will not help.
In fact, in order not to have to do anything of the above, you just have to follow certain rules:
- Avoid physical activity in the heat.
- Wear clothes of their well-ventilated natural materials.
- Protect from direct sunlight.
- Regularly cool the body - swim, for example.
- Drink a lot of cool (but not icy!) Liquid.