Spicy smell, and warming up fresh taste has this product. It is used as a seasoning for many exotic dishes, a basis for drinks, as well as a remedy. But it is not always possible to apply the root of ginger - contraindications for this seemingly innocuous natural remedy are quite serious.
Is the root of ginger useful?
In fact, the product in question has a mass of positive effects:
- decrease in the number of cholesterol molecules in the blood;
- antitoxic effects;
- anesthetic effect;
- acceleration of metabolism, metabolic processes;
- stimulation of immunity;
- elimination of characteristic nausea, flatulence and intestinal disorders in the first trimester of pregnancy;
- facilitating the release of mucous sputum when coughing and runny nose;
- the coping of inflammatory processes in viral infections and colds.
In addition, tincture from the root of ginger serves as an excellent prophylaxis of diseases of the digestive system, prevents diseases of the oral cavity.
Ginger root - properties and contraindications
The listed effects of the product can cause in the body and negative consequences.
The main property of the root of ginger is stimulation: circulation, gastric secretion, bile. As a result, there is an increase in body temperature and blood pressure, intestinal motility is increased, cellular mechanisms are activated. Such processes adversely affect the body in the presence of such diseases:
- stomach ulcer;
- acute and chronic hepatitis;
- cirrhosis of the liver;
- stones in the kidney and ureter;
- myocardial infarction;
- stroke, transient ischemic attacks;
- skin diseases in the acute stage;
- a chronic tendency to allergic reactions;
- internal bleeding;
- elevated body temperature with influenza;
- low blood coagulability, hemophilia;
- vascular pathologies;
It should be remembered that during pregnancy, the root of ginger is advisable to take only at the very beginning of the term for the elimination of symptoms of toxicosis. After the first trimester, the product is contraindicated, because it stimulates muscle activity, respectively, burns cause a sharp contraction of the uterus and provoke a miscarriage.
Ginger root - contraindications in oncology
It is important to note that the described agent has a stimulating effect not only on healthy cells, but also on pathological ones. Therefore, the intake of ginger root in any form in the presence of benign or malignant tumors will lead to an aggravation of the disease. Cells of the neoplasm will begin to quickly divide, which will provoke intensive growth and progression of the cancer. In some cases - even metastases.
Ginger root - harm and side effects
In the absence of contraindications, you still need to pay attention to the possible consequences of using the product:
- deterioration of the effect with the simultaneous administration of antihypertensive drugs and calcium blockers;
- strengthening the effect of antidiabetic drugs, drugs to normalize the work of the heart;
- short-term, but rapid and significant increase in body temperature;
- irritation of the mucous membranes;
- the dilatation of blood vessels;
- acceleration of intestinal motility, metabolism;
- increase in the amount of bile produced.
Given the above facts, do not take ginger in parallel with drugs. In no case should you use the product on an empty stomach, even if everything is ok with digestion.